Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sending profile data via Web SDK

Level 4

Hi,

Just searched the previous posts and it seems sending data to AEP profile with Web SDK is not currently supported. Is there any update on its roadmap?

Solved: Adobe Web SDK - Data Collection - To Profile Schem... - Adobe Experience League Community - ...

We need this to support the use case of updating AEP profile on the web site post logon profile update page.

Thanks,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Hey_John  - Thought I can share my experience on this, I could see on our AEP sandbox that adobe has used profile schema JSON with custom code method to transfer the profile related data to AEP with dynamic daya layer from web site. Ideally, they are sending all profile related information from web site for authenticated pages to AEP with profile JSON schema by utiliasing dynamic data layer to fecth the customer info and shared across to AEP. This is same profile schema that have been used on the datastream configuration. 

Also as mentioned by @_Manoj_Kumar_ , there is an alternate way to send your profile data utilising HTTP API with same profile related schema with dynamic data layer to feed data into AEP. 

Hope this will give you some light on your query.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

The only public "roadmap" I know is this: https://github.com/orgs/adobe/projects/18/views/1?filterQuery=

"Write event to profile in real time" is in "concept" state.

Appreciate if Adobe could give an update.

Community Advisor

Hello @Hey_John 

Currently, this is not supported.

But you can use HTTP API from sources to ingest data from your website to the AEP Profile dataset.

Here are some links to get you started:

Ingest Data using Streaming Connection HTTP API endpoint | Adobe Experience Platform

Create an HTTP API Streaming Connection Using The Flow Service API | Adobe Experience Platform

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Hey_John  - Thought I can share my experience on this, I could see on our AEP sandbox that adobe has used profile schema JSON with custom code method to transfer the profile related data to AEP with dynamic daya layer from web site. Ideally, they are sending all profile related information from web site for authenticated pages to AEP with profile JSON schema by utiliasing dynamic data layer to fecth the customer info and shared across to AEP. This is same profile schema that have been used on the datastream configuration. 

Also as mentioned by @_Manoj_Kumar_ , there is an alternate way to send your profile data utilising HTTP API with same profile related schema with dynamic data layer to feed data into AEP. 

Hope this will give you some light on your query.

Hi @jayakrishnaaparthasarathy 

We are exploring a similar use case with the AEP Web SDK, but there are no pointers on how to capture individual profile attributes. it would be great if you could share me a sample custom code JSON, thanks.