Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Segmentation

Level 2

How the batch will be evaluated (streaming or batch) for below scenario?

Segment => loyaltystatus = 'Gold' &  productView in last 24 hours

Data incoming => loyalty data in batch & productView in streaming, need help on how to create this in AEP and understanding how it works

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@ribhubanerjee To create a segment all you have to do is choose those two attributes ( loyalty status & product view event  & 24 hour timeline) in the segment builder. 

Ok here's how it will work in below example set up

Loyalty data including status — ingested in hourly batch

Digital streaming data — WebSDK

The timing for when a customer becomes qualified for audiences is based on the journey taken by customer.

For existing customers, with batch data ingested before the streaming product view event, segmentation occurs in real-time. However, for new customers , the loyalty status information is not ingested until the next hourly batch, segmentation will only take place when the nightly job is executed.

Hope that helps 

Anil

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@ribhubanerjee To create a segment all you have to do is choose those two attributes ( loyalty status & product view event  & 24 hour timeline) in the segment builder. 

Ok here's how it will work in below example set up

Loyalty data including status — ingested in hourly batch

Digital streaming data — WebSDK

The timing for when a customer becomes qualified for audiences is based on the journey taken by customer.

For existing customers, with batch data ingested before the streaming product view event, segmentation occurs in real-time. However, for new customers , the loyalty status information is not ingested until the next hourly batch, segmentation will only take place when the nightly job is executed.

Hope that helps 

Anil

Level 2

Hi Anil, this somehow is answering my question. I have another doubt that is what if the profile data is already available for the people who are viewing the page in the last 24 hours

Community Advisor

did you mean before segment creation? The batch has to run post segment creation for customer to qualify.