Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Segmentation in AEP

Community Advisor

Hello,

I have three datasets in AEP: one for profiles, one for organizing the profile, and the third one defining the relationship between organization and profiles.

According to the relationship between organization and profiles, an organization can have multiple profiles associated with it (a one-to-many), but a profile can only be related to one organization.

I am looking to create a segment that targets profiles whose organization has more than 500 profiles. However, I am not sure if it is possible to achieve this with the current segmentation functionality. Can someone let me know if they did anything like this

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Anil_Umachigi  - I misspelled it. It was not organising the profile . I meant "organisation of the profile" In B2B edition of AEP we have separation between profile data and organisation data (Account). In account data we have a people tab where we can see all the profile related to that account or organisation. 

My idea is to target all the profile whose organisation has more than 5 profile associated with it.  I can do it with query as you mentioned but was just wondering if thats a possibility with current segmentation functionality.

You can find more details on this https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/rtcdp/account/account-profile-ui-guide.h... 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@arpan-garg I'm trying to understand the datasets, especially the "organizing the profile", what does that mean and what is the primary id used here? 

Now with segments, it's all based on merge policy you have set. It is highly unlilkely to get profile numbers unless you have a logic which helps you populate this value in a schema field. so you would 

1. create a schema field called numberOfProfiles ( in relationship or org dataset) 
  2. Create a query to calculate unique profiles for a given org id and populate the value every night on recurring basis. 
  3. use the new field in segment in combination with org value. 

Not too sure about other complexities involved with other data point, but worth a try. 

Hope that helps

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Anil_Umachigi  - I misspelled it. It was not organising the profile . I meant "organisation of the profile" In B2B edition of AEP we have separation between profile data and organisation data (Account). In account data we have a people tab where we can see all the profile related to that account or organisation. 

My idea is to target all the profile whose organisation has more than 5 profile associated with it.  I can do it with query as you mentioned but was just wondering if thats a possibility with current segmentation functionality.

You can find more details on this https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/rtcdp/account/account-profile-ui-guide.h...