Expand my Community achievements bar.

Recommendations to lower library build time

Level 3

Hello all,

As the subject mentions, what's best practices/recommendations to help reduce build time to published and development when building libraries? is it having a lot of rules, is it having some custom code that are 4000+ lines of code, etc. I never really got an understanding of what reflects the building time length of a library in development or published.

2 Replies

Level 9

Hi @edbudev, assuming this thread is about the Launch build time.

From experience, I can say that the number of Data Elements drastically increases the build time.

I also had a big project with tons of custom code which build time was acceptable until I started creating more and more DEs which significantly increased the waiting time until something it was done. I would not even say – gut feeling - that the prod build time is much different to the development build time.

Very unscientific, I know. Just from experience I would say, avoid using Data Elements whenever possible and rather evaluate the elements in your data layer which do not require transformation through custom code on the fly.

Hope that helps

Level 3

Thank you for that information! I'll tinker around with the DEs and see how I can do a discovery session and find the best way to utilize our data layer vs. custom code. Appreciate you!