Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

"Path Without Query" condition in rule fails

Level 1

Hi team,

I'm experiencing a very strange issue: I setup a rule to fire top of the page with a condition based on "Path without query string" (regex enabled).
I keep getting the following error message in the console:

Failed to execute "Path Without Query String" for {rule name} rule. e[o].then is not a function
TypeError: e[o].then is not a function

I setup tons of these basic conditions in rule in the past without any issues.
Note that this time, we're using the AEP Web SDK but my rule event is the Core "Page Top", my condition is Core "Paths without query string", only my action is AEP Web SDK "Send Event".
This should not make any difference, though, right?

Any idea of what I am doing incorrectly?
Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hello Yuhuisg,

Unfortunately, the page is not live yet and our lower environments require a login/pass.

I was hoping that was a known issue with a known workaround.

Out tagging team found a workaround, which is not using the built-in condition but adding the condition in a custom even code. It looks like it's working, I hope it still fires the rule when it should (was "Page Top) but I'm still not satisfied that we have to use such a workaround to make something as trivial as the built-in rule conditions work.

Thank you again for your help!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

This is an interesting problem that I haven't encountered before. I doubt that it has anything to do with your Web SDK action.

Can you share the URL of a page where this error occurs?

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hello Yuhuisg,

Unfortunately, the page is not live yet and our lower environments require a login/pass.

I was hoping that was a known issue with a known workaround.

Out tagging team found a workaround, which is not using the built-in condition but adding the condition in a custom even code. It looks like it's working, I hope it still fires the rule when it should (was "Page Top) but I'm still not satisfied that we have to use such a workaround to make something as trivial as the built-in rule conditions work.

Thank you again for your help!