Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Preview dataset different from the last execution

Level 2

When I preview the dataset in AEP, only the last ingestion of the data set is always displayed. Even if I select a previous data set and click on the button, the latest data set is always displayed. Is it possible, from the UI and not via the API, to view data sets prior to the last ingestion date?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @gprime84  - Yes, you can use the Data Access API with a RESTful interface where you could leverage the data accessibility.
Here you go - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/data-access/api.html%3Flang%3Dko

However, API has their own limitation of accessing the raw data from AEP.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @gprime84  - Yes, the preview option only display the latest file that was being on boarded in to the AEP data lake. There is no direct option to preview the existing data under the dataset. However, you can utilize query service to see all other data from the respective dataset. Also, check if it is possible to see the data in batch vise as you expected (I am not a query expert), probably platform should allow us to see the batch vise data from individual data set. Therefore, get a respective query to view all the data from datasets (prior to the last ingestion date).

Hi @gprime84  - You can use query like below to preview the individual batch data.

SELECT * FROM "Dataset Table Name"where _ACP_SYSTEM_METADATA.ACP_SOURCEBATCHID='Batch ID'

Hope, this would be useful for you to preview the prior to the last ingestion data.

ok, last question on the topic. In addition to using the query service I can also use the API, correct? in case you don't want to buy the query service on the project. Thanks in advance

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @gprime84  - Yes, you can use the Data Access API with a RESTful interface where you could leverage the data accessibility.
Here you go - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/data-access/api.html%3Flang%3Dko

However, API has their own limitation of accessing the raw data from AEP.