Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

placesmonitor extension in adobe platform data collection tags

Level 5

Hi All - The adobe overview link for places talks about an extension called placesmonitor. But, i am unable to find it in tags. Any idea why it is not available or what happened.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/places/using/getting-started.html?lang=en

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @sspatra25 

Places Monitor is deprecated according to this documentation: GitHub - adobe/places-monitor-android: Android Places monitor extension

Now you will have to create your ownmonitoring solution. Here is the link to documentation: Using your own monitor | Adobe Data Collection

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @sspatra25, The extension is now called Places

You should be able to find it under the catalogue of any mobile property.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 5

in the introduction video it is mentioned there are 2 extensions places and placesmonitor (see screenshot below). But, i am not seeing placemonitor. My understanding is placesmonitor will monitor will monitor the location. What i am confused is do we have to implement our own implementation for monitoring ?

sspatra25_0-1680748709213.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @sspatra25 

Places Monitor is deprecated according to this documentation: GitHub - adobe/places-monitor-android: Android Places monitor extension

Now you will have to create your ownmonitoring solution. Here is the link to documentation: Using your own monitor | Adobe Data Collection

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 5

Thank you Manoj. My last question would be how do i trigger launch rules with my own monitoring solutions when someone enters a POI. I dont see any api or functions for it in documentation

Administrator

Seems a new question. You post in new thread.