Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

New Visitor

Level 5

Is there any way we can add ‘new visitor’ criteria in CDP like we have in Target.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Pradeep_Kumar_Srivastav Quite an interesting question there.  It has a number of challenges though as we drift away from cookies and in the AEP world since AEP has a broader view of the world (i.e. events beyond just web events).  Also, since AEP links identities such as ECID with each other, it forces us to rethink if that is a new visitor just because we see a new ECID.

Because of this, you might want to kick around other options, such as:

1. Do I have a Profile, and should I be segmenting and targeting using that?
  2. Do I want to segment based on behavior (saw product page x) and target based on that?
  3. Do I want to infer if they aren't in other high value segments, then they are "new"?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Pradeep_Kumar_Srivastav Quite an interesting question there.  It has a number of challenges though as we drift away from cookies and in the AEP world since AEP has a broader view of the world (i.e. events beyond just web events).  Also, since AEP links identities such as ECID with each other, it forces us to rethink if that is a new visitor just because we see a new ECID.

Because of this, you might want to kick around other options, such as:

1. Do I have a Profile, and should I be segmenting and targeting using that?
  2. Do I want to segment based on behavior (saw product page x) and target based on that?
  3. Do I want to infer if they aren't in other high value segments, then they are "new"?

Community Advisor

Could you expand on usecase? may be an example scenario?