Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Modify, Deactivate Audience/Segments

Level 2

Hi Team,

I am new to RTCDP and trying to understand:

- Can we modify an audience after activating to a destination? Will the system allow this operation? If so, what will be the implications on campaigns using the audiences? I think, I could do it in a dev setup, but looking for situations once it is in prod.

- Is there a way to deactivate or archive an audience, instead of deleting it?

Did not find relevant material on this in the documentation, kindly help me understand and also provide links to the right content, if there is any. Not sure if I missing anything here.

Regards,

Rohit

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @RohitGangishetty1,

You can Edit an audience to change the audience criteria even after it is activated to a destination.

If the Audience is a Streaming or an Edge audience, the system will right away starts qualifying/disqualifying the profiles on the updated criteria.

If the Audience is a Batch audience, it will continue to qualify/disqualify profiles as per previous criteria till the next time the System Segmentation job runs (runs 1 daily).

Deactivate audiences- As of today, you can’t disable an Audience once created. One thing you can do is, you can remove the attached destination from the audience. This way it will continue to evaluate audience but will not activate qualified profiles to any destination. And store these audiences in separate folder to identify all such audiences.

Regards,

Kumar Saurabh

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @RohitGangishetty1,

You can Edit an audience to change the audience criteria even after it is activated to a destination.

If the Audience is a Streaming or an Edge audience, the system will right away starts qualifying/disqualifying the profiles on the updated criteria.

If the Audience is a Batch audience, it will continue to qualify/disqualify profiles as per previous criteria till the next time the System Segmentation job runs (runs 1 daily).

Deactivate audiences- As of today, you can’t disable an Audience once created. One thing you can do is, you can remove the attached destination from the audience. This way it will continue to evaluate audience but will not activate qualified profiles to any destination. And store these audiences in separate folder to identify all such audiences.

Regards,

Kumar Saurabh

Hi Saurabh, Thank you for the inputs. Can you help me understand if there is a way to pause the audience evaluation as well?

Hi @RohitGangishetty1 ,

We can disable the Audience Evaluation for all or no audience.

Unfortunately, the option to enable/disable individual Audience is not available.

Kumar_Saurabh__0-1712065286100.png

Thanks!

Hi Saurabh,

If I move the audience to a folder and then click disable evaluation for all audiences in that folder, will that work?

Also, I see an 'Archive' option when I click the three dots next to audience name. It is changing the status of audience to 'Inactive'. However, not sure if the system stops evaluating such inactive audiences or what happens in the background. 

Regards,

Rohit

Employee

@RohitGangishetty1 

An archived or inactive audience should not be evaluated. It’s “on pause.”

Regards,

Kumar Saurabh