Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Migrating to WebSDK from Appmeasurement

Level 2

Hello Everyone,

We are planning to migrate to WebSDK from Appmeasurement but we will continue to use Adobe Analytics.

What i understood from Adobe Documentation is we could go with approach where we migrate using Data Object option to minimize the changes. I had few questions:

1. With this approach can we also migrate third party tags like google, linkedIn etc to Server side with Event forwarding?

2. While we migrate extension, data elements and Rules within Data Collection for Analytics extension to WebSDK extension, how can we do this while we continue to make changes to existing implementation? I want to basically keep doing migration to WebSDK while making changes to Production using legacy implementation

3. We also have target implemented, using this approach how target can be migrated to WebSDK?

Thanks,

Nitin

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @NitinCT 

If you would like to migrate your data collection to web SDK but continue with AA the data object approach sure make things easier however it's not future proof so down the line if you also would like moving to CJA then again you need to start from scratch as CJA requires the data in AEP, but it all depends how you'd like to proceed for now.

Now to your other questions:

1. Event forwarding is used to send event data from AEP to other third party destinations so technically you must have data in AEP first to send it to 3rd party destinations I don't think so it has anything to do with 3rd party pixels directly.
  2. I would suggest create a new property and plan everything accordingly and start from scratch it would be more cleaner and easier, make sure to test your changes before moving anything to production.
  3. Check this article on how to implement target using web SDK

Check the following links hope it will be helpful.

YouTube sessions on how to migrate to web SDK 

AA user group session

Upgrading to Modernized Data Collection for Adobe Analytics with Web SDK

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @NitinCT 

If you would like to migrate your data collection to web SDK but continue with AA the data object approach sure make things easier however it's not future proof so down the line if you also would like moving to CJA then again you need to start from scratch as CJA requires the data in AEP, but it all depends how you'd like to proceed for now.

Now to your other questions:

1. Event forwarding is used to send event data from AEP to other third party destinations so technically you must have data in AEP first to send it to 3rd party destinations I don't think so it has anything to do with 3rd party pixels directly.
  2. I would suggest create a new property and plan everything accordingly and start from scratch it would be more cleaner and easier, make sure to test your changes before moving anything to production.
  3. Check this article on how to implement target using web SDK

Check the following links hope it will be helpful.

YouTube sessions on how to migrate to web SDK 

AA user group session

Upgrading to Modernized Data Collection for Adobe Analytics with Web SDK