Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Limitation on Batch deletion - UPS and datalake

Level 1

A customer has a requirement to delete data from AEP:

1. From Unified Profile based on inactive account numbers (identity attribute). They want to run "Profile system jobs endpoint (Delete by entity)" API in a loop for the list. Is there any limitations / maximum number of entities that can be deleted using this API at once?
2. From data lake: Is there any limitations / maximum number of batches that can be deleted using using "Batch ingestion API (Delete a batch: action=REVERT)" API at once?

Are there any other limitations/considerations while making delete requests with above mentioned APIs?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4
2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @divyaverma131 , I think answer is Yes+No.

Refer this article  posted by @NimashaJain to have fair understanding - https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-platform-blogs/rate-limiting-in-pi...

Community Advisor

In either of the case, do you expect lot of concurrent requests? i.e do you expect a huge number of data deletion/privacy requests on daily basis? 

Also With Batch deletion, no such limit exists and again how often and what kind of data do you expect to delete? 

Like @AtulChavan mentioned, the article pretty much sums up the capabilities, In saying so the "best" option is to reach out to your CSM and give them an estimate of volumes for both privacy and batch requests and get a confirmation. 

Hope that helps.