Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Invalid rule error on Create Rule Component using Launch API

Level 1

I'm getting the below error while I use the API https://developer.adobelaunch.com/api/reference/1.0/rule_components/create/ even though I send the correct structure for the payload using python as mentioned in the link. 

"errors": [{
"code": "invalid-rule",
"title": "Invalid rule",
"detail": "can\'t be blank",
"source": {
"pointer": "/data/attributes/rule"}
Please note that the data/attributes/rule is not part of the attributes or the request response.

Can you please help in this regard to eliminate this error?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi @Parvesh_Parmar Yes, I had a look at it. The structure of 'rules' is under 'relationships' and not 'attributes'. But the source pointer says 'data/attributes/rule' , hence, I've a question if the schema is not updated to include 'rule' in 'attributes' ? Or is there anything else that's missed out?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @swirl1

Did you check the following documentation? There they explained the meaning of each parameter of response. 

Error Handling | Adobe Experience Platform

Parvesh_Parmar_0-1654778839896.png

In your request, you send the data in following format: 

Parvesh_Parmar_1-1654779424529.png

Therefore source pointing to that one. 

Thanks.

Parvesh.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi @Parvesh_Parmar Yes, I had a look at it. The structure of 'rules' is under 'relationships' and not 'attributes'. But the source pointer says 'data/attributes/rule' , hence, I've a question if the schema is not updated to include 'rule' in 'attributes' ? Or is there anything else that's missed out?

Thanks!