Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Ingesting null email value in AEP using out of box field(personalEmail.address)

Level 2

Is it possible to ingest null email value in AEP using out of box field(personalEmail.address).If not , how can we handle this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hello @Shaini_Gupta , in past I had faced the same issue while using OOTB field and the reason is email format. As you can refer, "personalEmail.address" requires value in email format. (Refer to description in the below SS for more details)

abinashabns_0-1709028503924.png

As a workaround, if you can put some Dummy data (EmailUnavailable@email.com), then you will be able to ingest without any failure. To do so, you can use the below calculated field while ingesting data:

iif(matches_regex(personalEmail.address,"[^null$]" ),personalEmail.address,"EmailUnavailable@email.com")

Let me know for further discussion.

Thanks,

Abinash

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 8

Hi @Shaini_Gupta 

You can not ingest null values in AEP. To ignore those records while ingesting you can enable partial ingestion and set an error threshold which allows you to set a percentage of allowed errors.

Please refer this document for more details - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/ingestion/batch/partial.html?lang=en 

Thanks

Narendra

Level 2

Hi @narendragandhi,

Thanks for reverting back.Actually we tried ingesting null email id on internal sandbox there it got ingested however when we are trying to replicate same on client environment we are not able to ingest null email id data even though its not primary identity or required field. Also its not that we have null email ids for all records its just for few records its null.Any possible reason which you could think might be causing it.

Thanks

Shaini 

Community Advisor

Hi @Shaini_Gupta - As far as i know, Its not a mandatory field, instead of ingesting null, you can do changes in your source system to not send this value if the value is null.

Thanks,

Arpan

Level 2

Hi @arpan-garg ,

Thanks for reverting back.Actually we tried ingesting null email id on internal sandbox there it got ingested however when we are trying to replicate same on client environment we are not able to ingest null email id data even though its not primary identity or required field. Also its not that we have null email ids for all records its just for few records its null.Any possible reason which you could think might be causing it.

Thanks

Shaini 

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hello @Shaini_Gupta , in past I had faced the same issue while using OOTB field and the reason is email format. As you can refer, "personalEmail.address" requires value in email format. (Refer to description in the below SS for more details)

abinashabns_0-1709028503924.png

As a workaround, if you can put some Dummy data (EmailUnavailable@email.com), then you will be able to ingest without any failure. To do so, you can use the below calculated field while ingesting data:

iif(matches_regex(personalEmail.address,"[^null$]" ),personalEmail.address,"EmailUnavailable@email.com")

Let me know for further discussion.

Thanks,

Abinash

Administrator

@Shaini_Gupta 

Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.