Level 4

Hi, 

Is it possible to import historical events regarding:

a) historical page views & ecommerce transactions

b) email events (open, click, send) 

Thanks 

Mike 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Community Advisor

@Michael_Soprano 

Can you please elaborate a bit more on the use case. This kind of time based data can be ingested in a event schema dataset. 

Level 4

I would like to do this for the customer demos purposes. 

I found out that there is such a thing as:

AJO Email Tracking Experience Event Schema 

Do you know which fields are required in this schema? 

Community Advisor

@Michael_Soprano  May i know which  marketing automation platform  you would like to bring email events (open, click, send)  to AEP?  

AJO Email Tracking Experience Event Schema  will store email events (open, click, send) data of AJO. If you are planning to get other marketing automation platform  events (open, click, send)  , please create custom event schema.

Level 3

How about the Adobe Marketo event, event Marketo need to create custom events?

Community Advisor

@Rite18  yes, you get bring data from OOTB Marketo source connector.. but to store the Marketo historical data in AEP, a custom event schema should be created.

Level 4

But if I edit my data into the format of "AJO Email Tracking Experience Event Schema" is it possible to import that historical data? 

Additionally I get sample data from that Schema (AJO Email Tracking Experience Event Schema) and was trying to import this to system dataset for that data "AJO Email Tracking Experience Event Dataset" and constantly got that error. Event in different sandboxes...
Michael_Soprano_0-1709550258649.png

Administrator

@Michael_Soprano Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.

Level 4

I created some custom Schema & dataset for this historical import of email history. Actually you are not allowed to import data to System Datasets.