Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to validate Segment

Community Advisor

Hello guys,

Any suggestion on how to validate a segment based on Loyalty=Champion and age < 40 and purchase in the last 30 days?  Is it possible to run Query Service or Go to AEP UI under segments or profile?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@ChetanyaJain : If segment is set to batch evaluation it will evaluate once every day. All the segments can be set to evaluate per the schedule that you want. In the segmentation UI, toggle the button on the top right to schedule the run or use this API to schedule them. You can change the schedule on different sandboxes for a customer.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

@Luca_Lattarini A challenge to keep in mind (the speed of which both the Profiles are updated and the segments are updated, they both could be streaming):

1. Open a few Sample Profiles and spot check
  2. Query Service to look at Segment Membership in the Profile Snapshot Export xxx dataset (if latency is not a concern)

Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to execute a query on the profilesnapshot to look for all profiles that have qualified for a certain segment.

The query runs, but returns 0 profiles, while I know the segment with that ID contains profiles. I tried with other IDs and other statuses, but result is the same. See my query below.

StephanDi_0-1707234467846.png

Employee

@Luca_Lattarini There are a few options. Not knowing details about the datasets and segment evaluation type I am going to generalize my answer.

1. Use Query services to mimic the segment criteria in SQL. You may get a larger count of "profiles" given that data is not stitched and you are querying the lake not the profile store. But this will give you a ball park number. If you have exactly one identity in your model the numbers between the query and segments should match otherwise there will be discrepancies. Overall I wouldn't expect segment count to be more than the query result provided the query is right.
  2. Use Query services to query the Profile snapshot export - GUID dataset. Query Segment Membership which is a Map. It comprises of The segment ID, lastQualificationTime and the Status(realized, existing, exiting)Validate segments.png

Community Advisor

Hello @Danny-Miller @poojasinha ,

Thanks for your very very useful suggestion. I just run a query by query service and I found my customer id qualified for the segment. 

I tried to use AEP UI> Profile and Segment memebership and AEP UI >Segment but i noticed a latency to see the customer ID.

Any futher consideration on that? 

Thanks

Employee

HI @Luca_Lattarini 

1. I am assuming the evaluation type for this segment is batch ( runs every 24 hours). Chances are when you did the lookup the segment may not have been evaluated. Do the profile lookup after the segment evaluation has completed the profile should have the segment membership.

2. If you still do not see the customer is qualifying for the segment. Chances are the query and the segment criteria are different.

Community Advisor

@poojasinha How frequently does this segment evaluation runs? Is the frequency fixed or changes per instance/client? 

Correct answer by
Employee

@ChetanyaJain : If segment is set to batch evaluation it will evaluate once every day. All the segments can be set to evaluate per the schedule that you want. In the segmentation UI, toggle the button on the top right to schedule the run or use this API to schedule them. You can change the schedule on different sandboxes for a customer.

Community Advisor

Hello @ChetanyaJain @poojasinha ,

Basically we need to execute some tet case where testing team will execute E2E test from web site to CDP. Query Service approach seems to be the fastest way of verifiying if customer id/ECID belongs to a specific segments.

@poojasinha I have a question what if the segement evaluation is in streaming ? Can we reduce the time to see if a customer belongs to a segment? 

Employee

@Luca_Lattarini : Streaming segmentation is an ongoing data selection process that updates your segments in response to user activity. Once a segment has been built and saved, the segment definition is applied against incoming data to RTCDP.