Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to manage profile and account in AEP B2B edition

Community Advisor

We have a AEP B2B license and i am trying to understand the difference between B2B account and B2B profile. We want to ingest the data in these datasets but our client doesn't mantain any information about the profiles, they just have account data in their source system. Is it possible for me to just ingest account data without the information on the profile? If thats not possible what shall be entered in the profile data, shall account info be added again in profile dataset.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arpan-garg

B2B Account will be defined using the XDM Business Account class

ChetanyaJain_1-1681330302005.png

Here's example of some of the B2B specific schemas created for Marketo 

ChetanyaJain_3-1681330478576.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@arpan-garg Without going into much detail, the key aspect in B2B version is the ability to include "companies, account & one to many relation". 

I would suggest as a first step audit and list all the possible identities and decide on the one to be used, followed by data ingestion ( the account data assuming should include the identity you have decided) of the account data. 

Good luck!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arpan-garg

B2B Account will be defined using the XDM Business Account class

ChetanyaJain_1-1681330302005.png

Here's example of some of the B2B specific schemas created for Marketo 

ChetanyaJain_3-1681330478576.png

Hope this helps!

Community Advisor

For Marketo it makes sense. But I am not sure if B2B account table is relevant for other B2B use cases where Say for example, my business don't have the account data managed in multiple CRMs or source system.  As per Adobe, in AEP B2B edition license cost is calculated on the number of business profiles you have and a business profile is a profile which has a account or opportunity related to it. There might be usecases where we are just using B2B profile schema and there is no need of account of opportunity . In such cases I believe B2B and B2C can be used interchangeably .