Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to export the event attribute data via AEP Destinations

Level 1

Hello Everyone,

When exporting the segments via AEP destinations, Is it possible for us to add any event data attributes in addition to profile data? When I try to export the productName(xdm: timeSeriesEvents.productListItems.name), I am getting an error that You have entered an array field. Exporting array fields is not supported as both timeSeriesEvents and productListItems are arrays. If destinations support only profile attributes I am wondering the reason behind adding all the event attributes under timeSeriesEvents array.

Any other idea on how this info can be extracted?

kmalkari1_0-1658767253291.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The reason for this is the list over time could get quite long and all the other data fields would be repeated and so you end up with a lot of data duplication.

The easiest way to address this is to pre/post-process the data such that you transform it to be stored outside the array.

e.g. Use Query Service to grab the:

• Last Product Purchased
  • Last Purchase Amount
  • etc.

Each time the query runs, the field is updated and then you can send the updated value to a Destination.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Hi @kmalkari1

Profile + event data export in same export for same destination ? My take is No and array anyways you can see clearly its not supported. 

What profile/event data export AEP support, It is highly depend upon destination type you're selecting to export profile data or an event data to trigger some action. Looking at AEP destination catalogue we got connections and extension.

AtulChavan_0-1658844829166.png

Refer this : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/destinations/destination-types.html%3Fla...

If you choose connections all you can export is just profile data of those profiles which qualifies that segment. If you go with connection you can forward event data to several type of destinations that are available. 

What If you need both to be exported I think first you may check is there any destination even exists that welcomes both profile+event data ?   

Hope this helps. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The reason for this is the list over time could get quite long and all the other data fields would be repeated and so you end up with a lot of data duplication.

The easiest way to address this is to pre/post-process the data such that you transform it to be stored outside the array.

e.g. Use Query Service to grab the:

• Last Product Purchased
  • Last Purchase Amount
  • etc.

Each time the query runs, the field is updated and then you can send the updated value to a Destination.

Hi,

Could you please tell how we will implement this. How to insert the data into profile dataset/profile attribute by using query service.