Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to define Adobe Analytics Schema Attribute while Activating Destination

Level 4

Hi Team,

I am trying to send a Streaming Segment with Adobe Analytics attributes to Activate in Destination. 

2 attributes I am activating -> Hashed Id (evar89) and  Full URL (evar69)

For Hashed Id (evar89)  --> I have set attribute  : IdentityMap: Email_LC_SHA256   ---> this is working fine and populating in the destination as expected.

But for Full URL (evar69)  --> I have set the attribute as per the dataset :  timeSeriesEvents[*]._experience.analytics.customDimensions.eVars.eVar69    --> but I am getting a popup that there is no data in the selected attribute. PFA the details for reference. 

Can you suggest how do I send an XDM Experience Event attribute (which is not an identity and cannot be selected from Identity Namespace) to Destination?

mansibedi_0-1684940268040.pngmansibedi_1-1684940620463.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@mansibedi Our Destination framework is meant to send Audiences to a destination (i.e. at a Profile not an Event level).  What @Anil_Umachigi is suggesting is that you schedule a Query in order to send a field at the Profile level to a destination.  This means you will get one value per Profile, not one value per Event (e.g. Last Page Viewed/Max(timestamp)).

If you want to get every Event, you may want to consider Event Forwarding instead. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/event-forwarding/overview.html?lang...

If you still are interested in Scheduled Queries

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/query/api/scheduled-queries.html?lang=en

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 4

One point to mention --> Hashed ID and ECID are 2 identities set up for the AA Schema, so I am able to send these attributes easily to the destinations by Choosing  IdentityMap: Email_LC_SHA256 and  IdentityMap: ECID . The problem is with the attributes which are not part of Identity Namespace, how do I send those to destination, since they are giving the same Error --> no data in the selected attribute.

Community Advisor

@mansibedi Only Profile attributes are available to be activated to a configured destination, if you want events in addition to profile attributes try using query services write it back to a new dataset and exporting it. 

Level 4

Hi @Anil_Umachigi , can you please elaborate on - 'try using query services write it back to a new dataset and exporting it' ? This will work one time only right? Because we wanted to create is a Streaming segment and sending the HashedID and FullURL on an incremental basis every 3 hours.. can you suggest ? Do we need to create a namespace for FullURL so that it adds to the Profile? 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@mansibedi Our Destination framework is meant to send Audiences to a destination (i.e. at a Profile not an Event level).  What @Anil_Umachigi is suggesting is that you schedule a Query in order to send a field at the Profile level to a destination.  This means you will get one value per Profile, not one value per Event (e.g. Last Page Viewed/Max(timestamp)).

If you want to get every Event, you may want to consider Event Forwarding instead. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/event-forwarding/overview.html?lang...

If you still are interested in Scheduled Queries

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/query/api/scheduled-queries.html?lang=en

Level 4

Thanks @Danny-Miller ,

As per the document you shared, Event Forwarding require WebSDK implementation, which unfortunately we don't have currently. So till the time we set it up, we would have to rely on the other options. 

As per the Scheduled Queries - is it possible to Auto Schedule the queries to send any event attribute of the Audience which is part of a Segment, and the segment is scheduled to be evaluated daily? Can scheduled query be used for this segment audience in particular? 

Thanks,

Mansi Bedi