Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How Payloads work incase of streaming Activation

Level 2

Hello everyone, we are facing an issue where we see 2 different behaviors as we are streaming millions of payloads to our downstream Kinesis instance:
Case 1: Every time an attribute and/or segment status change it triggers multiple payloads for each instance.
For E.g. qualifying for 2 different segments triggers 2 different payloads; any change to 3 attributes triggers 3 different payloads.
Case 2: There is an update in 2 different segments but AEP only streams 1 single payload with both the updates.

Is this an expected behavior? If yes, what drives these differences in the JSON payloads while streaming?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can use the monitoring option to understand more about the counts.

Documentation: Monitor dataflows for Destinations in the UI | Adobe Experience Platform

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @vidyotma 

I believe you have activated a segment to a stream destination.

Here is what I think is happening

Case 1: Those attributes are marked as identities, and the profile will be activated to the destination whenever there is any identity change. 

Case 2: Two different segment updates - If a profile exits from a segment but exists in another segment, then only one request will go to the destination. 

The payload difference would be the identity value change and the updatedAt fields in segmentMemebrship object.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can use the monitoring option to understand more about the counts.

Documentation: Monitor dataflows for Destinations in the UI | Adobe Experience Platform

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn