Expand my Community achievements bar.

How long does it take for batch data to be available in batch segmentation workflows?

Level 3

Hello Everyone,

In case of streaming data, It is guaranteed for streaming data to be available in batch segmentation workflows if it is 3 hours before as documented here. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/segmentation/faq 

But how about batch ingestion, what is the time window one should insert the data before the Batch segmentation job starts?

2 Replies

Employee

Hello @ShashiCh 

Are you referring to segment workflow activation of data or batch data ingestion upon the unified profile store?

Data which is ingested via batch will first persist to the data lake and then promoted upon the unified profile store.  When the data is then made available upon the unified profile store profiles can be evaluated for segmentation/audiences.  

I would not recommend attempting to time the batch ingestion of data for the audience activation of data in the same day.

Level 6

Hi @ShashiCh 

Segments created for batch evaluation will be automatically evaluated every 24 hours so i guess you don't have to worry about ingestion time window.

check this article for more details.