Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fail CSV Data Ingestion

Community Advisor

Hello guys,

I am trying to import a CSV file with Customer Order. It seems that some field is incompatible, how can i check which one?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can you please share additional details on the error or file format?

How are you ingesting the data via batch processing or via drag & drop of CSV from UI?

Did you write any transformation rules while ingesting? Any specific call outs for the field in error?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can you please share additional details on the error or file format?

How are you ingesting the data via batch processing or via drag & drop of CSV from UI?

Did you write any transformation rules while ingesting? Any specific call outs for the field in error?

Community Advisor

hello @ChetanyaJain ,

I am using UI and drang&drop the CSV file. I ahve some doubts about the structure of CSV. 

1) can we pass the _id via CSV or must be autogenerated?

2) Any required field upon ingestion?

3)any specifi format for datetime?

Thanks

Community Advisor
  1. _id & timestamp are mandatory fields for Event type and it needs to be passed.
  2. eventType is not mandatory but for your implementation assume this is mandatory and make sure event type is always populated. This will be important especially when you need to fire queries or use them in segments for faster retrieval (performance).
  3. _id needs to be unique
  4. Other required fields depend on the schema that you have created.
  5. Timestamp format is ISO specific - this will be a good reference https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/data-prep/data-handling.html%3Flang%3Des