Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Luma Tutorial - Identity Mapping of WebSDK events with CRM

Level 3

Hi,

I'm exploring AEP space and going through the LUMA Store tutorial. During identity mapping phase between the schemas, I'm not able to connect the dots on how Web Events schema use identity namespace to connect with CRM id that is passed from client side along with ECID? I understand the identity mapping between others schema that we define manually on schema level. For clear understanding, I've this diagram... Just wanted to know, what actually happens behind the scene to connect Web Events data with CRM Schema since we are not defining the identity namespace between those?

Luma-Identity Mapping.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vikash4,

when you are sending the id via identityMap, make sure the identity key (in json) matches with the identity symbol that you defined while creating Identity Namespace.

In the below example (json) email & ECID are OOB namespace, "loyaltyId", "crmId" are custom namespaces.

chetanyajain_1-1662909819825.png

"identityMap": {
  "email": [
    {
      "id": "jsmith@example.com",
"authenticatedState": "authenticated", "primary": false } ], "ECID": [ { "id": "87098882279810196101440938110216748923",
"authenticatedState": "authenticated", "primary": true } ], "loyaltyId": [ { "id": "2e33192000007456-0365c00000000000",
"authenticatedState": "authenticated", "primary": false } ],
"crmId": [
{
"id": "12345",
"authenticatedState": "authenticated",
"primary": false
}
] }

Another good reference to know when to pass id in identity map and when to pass as an individual field - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/xdm/schema/composition.html?lang=en#iden... 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @vikash4,

To understand how the identity details are passed via websdk here are the articles that gives good understanding:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/edge/identity/overview.html?lang=en

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/edge/identity/first-party-device-ids.htm...

So basically, when the user logs on you will have the CRM id available at the UI layer and that can be passed on along with the ECID in the identityMap. Within AEP you will have all of these as identity fields and that will get auto-stitched and attach the events to the known profile once the user logs in.

To preview how data is stored in identityMap, I recommend you to use query service, since in the "dataset preview" UI it will not show that data, since it's of Map type.

Hope this helps! If you have any follow-up questions please do let me know.

Level 3

Hi @ChetanyaJain,

Thanks for your response. I do not face any issue in sending ECID & CRM ID via WebSDK from client side to AEP. I can see both are flowing as expected. I verified in AEP debugger and query service as well.

My question is since every identity fields mapped with identity namespace, so crm id send with web events as identityMap is mapped to which identity namespace & how this mapping occur? Just like other identities we are mapping identity namespace manually but for web events identityMap this happened automatically.

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vikash4,

when you are sending the id via identityMap, make sure the identity key (in json) matches with the identity symbol that you defined while creating Identity Namespace.

In the below example (json) email & ECID are OOB namespace, "loyaltyId", "crmId" are custom namespaces.

chetanyajain_1-1662909819825.png

"identityMap": {
  "email": [
    {
      "id": "jsmith@example.com",
"authenticatedState": "authenticated", "primary": false } ], "ECID": [ { "id": "87098882279810196101440938110216748923",
"authenticatedState": "authenticated", "primary": true } ], "loyaltyId": [ { "id": "2e33192000007456-0365c00000000000",
"authenticatedState": "authenticated", "primary": false } ],
"crmId": [
{
"id": "12345",
"authenticatedState": "authenticated",
"primary": false
}
] }

Another good reference to know when to pass id in identity map and when to pass as an individual field - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/xdm/schema/composition.html?lang=en#iden... 

Hope this helps!