Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Estimated profile count not changing

Level 2

Hi,

I have a segment where qualified audience changes everyday after evaluation as expected but when I try to see the estimated profiles to validate the result, the count remains same as what it was when I first created the segment. Because of this I am not able to validate the segmentation.

The qualified profile count this morning was 77 profiles ut when I refreshed the estimated profile count, I got 110 profiles, which is the same count as what I got when I created the segment. It out puts same profile everytime I try to take a look at sample profiles. I am not able to validate if my segment definition is correct or not. Please help!

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SaurabhDeswal , In AJO, the estimate of the audience is based on the profile estimate job. Please refer https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/segmentation/tutorials/create-a-segme...

How estimates are generated

As data enabled for Real-Time Customer Profile is ingested into Platform, it is stored within the Profile data store. When the ingestion of records into the Profile store increases or decreases the total profile count by more than 5%, a sampling job is triggered to update the count. If the profile count does not change by more than 5%, the sampling job will run automatically on a weekly basis.

There are two required steps to preview or get an estimate of your segment definition:

1. Create a preview job 
  2. View estimate or preview using the ID of the preview job

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SaurabhDeswal , In AJO, the estimate of the audience is based on the profile estimate job. Please refer https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/segmentation/tutorials/create-a-segme...

How estimates are generated

As data enabled for Real-Time Customer Profile is ingested into Platform, it is stored within the Profile data store. When the ingestion of records into the Profile store increases or decreases the total profile count by more than 5%, a sampling job is triggered to update the count. If the profile count does not change by more than 5%, the sampling job will run automatically on a weekly basis.

There are two required steps to preview or get an estimate of your segment definition:

1. Create a preview job 
  2. View estimate or preview using the ID of the preview job