Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Datastreams AEP Setting Recommendation

Community Advisor

Hi All,

I am doing one recommendation work to one of our business for AEP web SDK implementation where they have currently implemented AEP web SDK but not utilized the DataStream feature by not enabling the AEP settings (Event and Profile Dataset). Therefore, I have came up with sample recommendation architecture along with some key points that why should we consider the AEP settings under data streams.

Can anyone please check the key points and sample architecture, make your suggestion and comments accordingly.

Key Advantage:

1. As per our current configuration, we send data directly to AEP data lake where it is considered as a streaming segment. However, when we configure the AEP through DataStream it will consider as edge segmentation

2. All related data (Event and Profile) will be transferred to edge network and then it will be placed in AEP data lake.

3. The data transferred using this configuration will be considered as edge segmentation. Edge segmentation is the ability to evaluate segments in Adobe Experience Platform instantaneously.

4. Profile level information can be shared from wed SDK via DataStream AEP configuration. However, it is not possible to collect the same from adobe analytics and transfer since it falls under PII.

AEP_Datastream.drawio.png

Thank you,
Jay.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

@jayakrishnaaparthasarathy The "datastreams" is a configured instance of Edge Network, which is the data collection endpoint (new and futuristic) for all Adobe solutions. Even if your client is not using this configuration ( I am not sure how, I guess they are not using Launch or some other direct method of implementation), they would still be using the edge network for data collection, as defined by "Edge domain " configuration in Web SDK. This would give the edge segmentation features that you have mentioned. That being said, the key advantage of the data streams is the control that it gives the marketer control over which environment and which solution the data goes. This allows you to change the routing of data without changing any code on the website at a later point in time. Refer - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/edge/fundamentals/datastreams.html

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

@jayakrishnaaparthasarathy The "datastreams" is a configured instance of Edge Network, which is the data collection endpoint (new and futuristic) for all Adobe solutions. Even if your client is not using this configuration ( I am not sure how, I guess they are not using Launch or some other direct method of implementation), they would still be using the edge network for data collection, as defined by "Edge domain " configuration in Web SDK. This would give the edge segmentation features that you have mentioned. That being said, the key advantage of the data streams is the control that it gives the marketer control over which environment and which solution the data goes. This allows you to change the routing of data without changing any code on the website at a later point in time. Refer - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/edge/fundamentals/datastreams.html

Level 5

@jayakrishnaaparthasarathy You can also add one more call out point and its a very important one too.

5. Setting up data streams also enables ability to do Same page and next page instant personalization.

Hope this helps !