Expand my Community achievements bar.

data manipulation/transformation on AEP/AJO

Level 1

Hello all,

I have experience with SFMC and Marketo, where I often built automations to transform data, apply scoring, and trigger other processes.

Now, I'm trying to understand how to effectively transform and manipulate data in AEP/AJO for these tasks. I'm seeking advice on a few common use cases:

1. Where can I build a centralized automation for behavioral and demographic lead scoring?
2. Where I create an automation that, based on defined patterns, monitors the quality of stored data? For instance, if someone fills out a form with "qwerty" as a first name, I would like to apply negative scoring points.
3. What is the best process for adding missing salutation/phone country code to profiles based on other data, using automation? For example, I'd like to automatically update missing data using a library of phone numbers or names.
4. Is there a way, based on existing scoring thresholds, to populate another field with values like cold/warm/hot?

I see that we have some data manipulation capabilities in Journey canvas, Events, email/lp personalization syntax, SQL service, data science, app builder but it's not clear at the moment which one are the most relevant for mentioned cases so I appreciate your advice on these matters.

Thank you.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hello @KonradSztorc - This is how it can be achieved in AEP/AJO

1. Centralized Automation for Behavioral and Demographic Lead Scoring:

• Leverage the Journey canvas to automate the scoring process based on predefined behavioral and demographic patterns.
  2. Monitoring Data Quality with Defined Patterns:

• Employ the Journey canvas to set up automation that monitors data quality.
    • Use Events to trigger actions when specific patterns are detected, applying scoring points or other actions as needed.
  3. Adding Missing Salutation/Phone Country Code:

• Leverage SQL queries to update profiles with missing information from a library of phone numbers or names.
  4. Populating Fields Based on Scoring Thresholds:

• Use the Journey canvas or Events to trigger actions when scoring thresholds are met.
    • Use query service to populate another field with values like cold/warm/hot based on the existing scoring thresholds.

Thanks,

Arpan