Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Data ingestion in object field _repo

Level 1

Hello,

What we are trying to achieve is pretty simple, but we're struggling because we can't find any documentation describing it : How can we ingest data using batch uploads into the 'createDate' and 'modifyDate' fields whithin the '_repo' object, shown in the first screenshot of this online doc?

We tried simply mapping a field to the _repo.createDate and _repo.modifyDate fields, and mapping the following calculated field to the _repo object directly : to_object("createDate",creationDate,"modifyDate",modifiedDate). None of both work, while similar transformations do work on other objects.

The preview in the dataflow shows the following object syntax, which looks correct : {"modifyDate":"2023-04-25T10:00:00","createDate":"2023-04-25T10:00:00"}

The dataflow runs without errors but we do get the following warning and the field is not populated : "Field transformation warning".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Xavier

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by

@xavvr as we don't know your date format can you try these 3 logics please :

date(format(date(createDate,"yyyy-MM-ddTHH:MM:SS"),"yyyy-MM-dd"),"yyyy-MM-dd")

date(createDate,"yyyy-MM-ddTHH:MM:SS")

date(createDate, “yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm”, now())

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2

@xavvr have you tried wrapping the source fields in a date() function call? I noticed in your preview it's missing the timezone offset, it could be having an issue parsing that into the ISO8601 datetime. I'd try something like this: to_object("createDate",date(creationDate),"modifyDate",date(modifiedDate)) and see if that gives you a different result.

Correct answer by

@xavvr as we don't know your date format can you try these 3 logics please :

date(format(date(createDate,"yyyy-MM-ddTHH:MM:SS"),"yyyy-MM-dd"),"yyyy-MM-dd")

date(createDate,"yyyy-MM-ddTHH:MM:SS")

date(createDate, “yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm”, now())