Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

data.__adobe.analytics.contextData - prodView

Level 3

hi all, I am setting a product view in data.__adobe.analytics.products. As soon as it is being set, I can see that data.__adobe.analytics.contextData is set to "1". I assume that this to indicate that the prodView has occurred. I can't find any references in the documentation though - products | Adobe Analytics. Can someone point me in the right direction please ? Thanks

contextData.JPG

3 Replies

Level 9

Hmm, that's a little odd. What happens if you set your own context data? Does that get overwritten?

yes, Adobe Analytics performs an implicit prodView event if products are set without other events. 
Do you see the events coming in?

If not, to be on the safe side, you can also just add the

__adobe.analytics.events to prodView

lets see what the others say

Level 3

@bjoern__koth  so, it seems like this is happening because I don't set anything in events. Have looked at the prodView documentation once again and I can see the following:

How this metric is calculated

This metric counts the number of hits that match either of the following:

• The value prodView exists in the events variable; or
  • The products variable is set, and the events variable is empty.

In my case, it would satisfy the second scenario. Have looked at the adobe data and I can see prodView for these hits.

Did a bit of a blunder - the "ssf flag" is set in the data.__adobe.analytics.contextData, so its all good.