Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating a segment: Top XX profiles

Level 1

Our client has the use case that they want to send a promotion/email to their top 1000 customers with the highest customer value. We can do the aggregated sum of all values to generate the customer value, but we don't see the possibility to select 'just' a 1000 profiles, is that correct?

We've tried using a profile cap condition, but there's no way to determine the order.

Other thing we tried is to do a query and have that data stored in a different dataset, but I'm not sure how to activate this data into a segment. 

Any suggestions? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @RobinvdH91 , One simplest thing you can try is add an additional attribute to your profile i.e Rank. Rank your profiles with Query service/any other logic that you have. Next create segment for profiles which has rank value in between [1-1000].

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @RobinvdH91 

I am assuming you won't be doing this campaign once and you will need the customer value for other campaigns as well.

One way to do this is by adding an additional field for customer value in the schema and then once this field is populated with the correct data then utilize this field to create a segment.

Then use this segment to send the promotional email.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @RobinvdH91 , One simplest thing you can try is add an additional attribute to your profile i.e Rank. Rank your profiles with Query service/any other logic that you have. Next create segment for profiles which has rank value in between [1-1000].