Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Alloy.js file

Level 2

In the current implementation, we use our customized s_code file for all our customer facing application which is hosted at common location to be consumed by various launch properties.

If we switch to web SDK to utilize alloy.js, can we customize it to accommodate our existing s_code logic and also host it at one location to be consumed by all applications?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I think, we can not use Alloy.js the way we use s_code as data transmitted is completely different.

You can close this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @skhcg  - As mentioned, alloy JS is open source and can be able to customize as per your logic and use case. Hopefully placing the library in one place and consuming the same for other property should be doable as it is open source. Hope you find this helpful.

Adobe says, 

Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK requires something called a Datastream ID so the edge network can identify the stream and determine what to do with the data. This ID is created within Experience Platform. This doesn’t mean you have to use the UI to create properties or deploy the JavaScript code, but you do need to use tags to create a configuration ID.

Tags are not only the best available tag and SDK manager, it makes it very easy to deploy alloy.js and map data to XDM schemas. If you decide not to use tags, you will have to manage deploying alloy.js, eventing, and mapping your data into XDM before sending it. This is a much more difficult process than using tags.

It is recommended that you use tags to deploy alloy.js, even if it’s the only tag you use it for.

Open Spurce - https://github.com/adobe/alloy

Level 2

Thanks.

I will give you few example how we customize our s_code

1. For cross domain customer stitching by appending visitor IDs to the URL links

2. Setting customer ID in Marketing cloud if available

3. Firing certain Adobe Events for common functionality

4. Setting rules around link clicks to set props

Are you saying all these can be done inside Alloy.js?

Correct answer by
Level 2

I think, we can not use Alloy.js the way we use s_code as data transmitted is completely different.

You can close this.