Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

'400: Bad Request' when I try to use Accelerated Queries API endpoint on Postman

Level 2

I got the following SQL statement:

SELECT DISTINCT branchID, branchName
FROM ds_sucursales
WHERE branchName IS NOT NULL
LIMIT 5

ds_sucursales is a dataset based on a branch type schema. The statement was saved on Query Service UI with the ID 4aaf637a-0712-4342-b549-4e77c0382057.

I want to execute the statement using the Accelerated Queries API endpoint on Postman, so I follow the Accelerated Queries API Endpoint Doc.

I put the request headers. Likewise, I include the Postman generated headers, that include Accept, Accept-Encoding, etc.

AccelQueries1.png

Then, I put the request body:

edgar_herrera_0-1687035833037.png

I get ACCELERATED_STORE_DATABASE and ACCELERATED_STORE_SCHEMA using the following SQL statement:

SHOW SCHEMAS

Query response showed two databases and two schemas:

DATABASESCHEMA
qsaccelprofile_agg
cjm_qsaccelcjm_reporting_aggs

I built the dbName using the following pattern:

{SANDBOX_NAME}:{ACCELERATED_STORE_DATABASE}.{ACCELERATED_STORE_SCHEMA}

When I try to send the request, I get the error:

edgar_herrera_1-1687036139181.png

I also tried to build the dbName using the another database and schema, but it doesn't work. Likewise, I tried to build the dbName using the following pattern:

{SANDBOX_NAME}:{ACCELERATED_STORE_DATABASE}:{ACCELERATED_STORE_SCHEMA}

I tried this one because request sample uses : instead of . on dbName. But when I send the request I get a 500: Internal Server Error:

edgar_herrera_2-1687037068428.png

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

@edgar_herrera 

A '400 Bad Request' error typically indicates that the server could not understand the request due to invalid syntax. This can often occur because of incorrect headers, query parameters, or body in the HTTP request - please check keys, org id, access token, JSON body and also if you and retry.

Firstly, try endpoint as

https://platform.adobe.io/data/foundation/accelerated-query/queries

Let me know.

Thanks

Madhan

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

@edgar_herrera 

A '400 Bad Request' error typically indicates that the server could not understand the request due to invalid syntax. This can often occur because of incorrect headers, query parameters, or body in the HTTP request - please check keys, org id, access token, JSON body and also if you and retry.

Firstly, try endpoint as

https://platform.adobe.io/data/foundation/accelerated-query/queries

Let me know.

Thanks

Madhan