Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

View/download dataset table with AEP reporting API

Level 2

I am connecting to the AEP API to view/download datasets via Jupyter Notebooks. It seems like the reporting api is working, but I can only view/download the dataset by batch id. Is there a way to simply view/download the current most recent dataset? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Potentially you can use query service, but you have to be careful with performance.

Example

SELECT * FROM datasetId ORDER BY yourColumn DESC LIMIT 1;

Hope this works.

Thanks

Madhan 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 5

Hi @kktt 

In order to access a specific dataset in Adobe Experience Platform (AEP), you typically use the batch id to retrieve the desired dataset as you've stated. However, AEP does not offer a direct way to fetch the most recent dataset through their APIs. Now, to solve this, you could design a workaround by listing all datasets and their associated batch ids, then sort them by time to get the most recent one.
Note that Adobe's APIs may have rate limits depending on your organization's agreement with Adobe. Be mindful of this as you design your solution to avoid hitting those limits.

Hope this was helpful.

Thanks

Madhan

Level 2

Thanks Madhan! This was helpful. 
One follow up question: AEP does not offer a direct way to fetch the most recent dataset through their APIs
-> Does this require Data Distiller or Query Service for us to fetch the most recent dataset through APIs?

Correct answer by
Level 5

Potentially you can use query service, but you have to be careful with performance.

Example

SELECT * FROM datasetId ORDER BY yourColumn DESC LIMIT 1;

Hope this works.

Thanks

Madhan