Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

When I try to "add a resource" in adobe launch the previous revision and not latest revision I see this alert why?

Level 6

When I try to "add a resource" (A rule which is not latest revision but the previous revision) in adobe launch I see this alert why? But I can see the other library is using revision 23 but when I try to add a resource the same revision 23 it is showing an alert. 

dup.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Just to clarify... I assume you have a few libraries in your development area; and in one of those libraries you (or whoever is working on that build) is using revision 23?

You also want to use revision 23 in your build... but there is also a "latest" version... 

When you choose an older revision, it has to create and build a new revision, thus this will replace the existing "Latest" (this will create a new revision 24).

So if someone is actively working on that resource, you don't want to do that... it's a little annoying that you can't just use an older version... but by any chance is Revision 23 in prod right now? If so, you can just use the upstream version....

But really, you can't just load an older revision without building a new revision... I guess they assume that if you are choosing an older revision, there is something wrong with the newest revision... rather than just trying to deal with multiple development streams....

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Just to clarify... I assume you have a few libraries in your development area; and in one of those libraries you (or whoever is working on that build) is using revision 23?

You also want to use revision 23 in your build... but there is also a "latest" version... 

When you choose an older revision, it has to create and build a new revision, thus this will replace the existing "Latest" (this will create a new revision 24).

So if someone is actively working on that resource, you don't want to do that... it's a little annoying that you can't just use an older version... but by any chance is Revision 23 in prod right now? If so, you can just use the upstream version....

But really, you can't just load an older revision without building a new revision... I guess they assume that if you are choosing an older revision, there is something wrong with the newest revision... rather than just trying to deal with multiple development streams....

Level 6

Yes I tried to add the specific rule from another library to my library and in that library I could see the user had latest revision but was using older revision for some reason. So when I tried to add the older revision I saw this message.