Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

WebSDK schema for Analytics and AEP

Level 4

Hi Community ,

We have planned to connect WebSDK to Analytics and AEP. But, I have a doubt that Since we have events already in OOTB Analytics schema and OOTB Web interaction schema . It seems like more than enough . But not sure whether we need to create custom fields for AEP seperately.

Is it that everyone use the Analytics events and dimensions and pass the same in AEP or create custom fields,if so need to map separately in Launch right.

Can anyone suggest , what is ithe standard practice for creating schema for webSDK for AEP and Analytics.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @AEPAA ,

When you say 'Custom Fields', guess you are mentioning 'Custom Schema'.

CDP for me is always Data Standardization in the long term. If we start using the OOTB Schema for Analytics, the variables are mapped to eVars, Props, and events which is again tool-specific mapping. So, Analytics will have a different schema in AEP and the rest of the data sources will have their schema. So, Data Standardization will not be achieved.

Rather than tool-specific schema if we create Custom Schema, then we can load the data from different sources i.e. Page URL can be captured in xdm.web.webPageDetails.URL for all data sources including Adobe, Google, CRM, etc rather than creating an eVar for Adobe and some other schema for other sources.

There are multiple other advantages & disadvantages, check my Tech Tuesday Series shared by @abhinavbalooni .

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey @AEPAA 

There is a nice blog series written by @PratheepArunRaj around the best practices. Have a look here: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-platform-blogs/tuesday-s-tech-byte...

This should clear a lot of your queries.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Administrator

@AEPAA Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @AEPAA ,

When you say 'Custom Fields', guess you are mentioning 'Custom Schema'.

CDP for me is always Data Standardization in the long term. If we start using the OOTB Schema for Analytics, the variables are mapped to eVars, Props, and events which is again tool-specific mapping. So, Analytics will have a different schema in AEP and the rest of the data sources will have their schema. So, Data Standardization will not be achieved.

Rather than tool-specific schema if we create Custom Schema, then we can load the data from different sources i.e. Page URL can be captured in xdm.web.webPageDetails.URL for all data sources including Adobe, Google, CRM, etc rather than creating an eVar for Adobe and some other schema for other sources.

There are multiple other advantages & disadvantages, check my Tech Tuesday Series shared by @abhinavbalooni .

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics