Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

WebSDK ContextData not appearing in AA Processing Rules

Level 4

Hello,

First time configuring the WebSDK for forwarding to Adobe Analytics and per the help file, I should be seeing the XDM context data values in the Processing Rules section but they don't exist (even after saving per the help file).  I can see the data in the Debugger's Events section like below:

{"xdm":
 {"eventType":"web.webpagedetails.pageViews","web":
    {"webPageDetails":
        {"URL":"http://www.mysite.com/myaccount.html",
         "server":"www.mysite.com",
         "pageViews":{"value":1},
         "siteSection":"my account"},

My DataStream is set up for Analytics and Target with some mappings for the above. When I look in the Edge Transactions debugger, I don't see any custom values (like siteSection above) in the analytics.hit or analytics.mapping.

What am I missing here?

Note, this is not an AEP account, so I did not configure a Dataset for the Schema (not sure if this is required for AA only accounts).  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Normally, I rely on the automatic mapped variables between Web SDK and AA: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/aep-edge/variable-mapping.html?lang...

If you're not using this automatic mapping, then I assume that you have your own custom field group in your XDM schema (a field group that should be in the format _yourOrgName), where you're setting your own variables. If this is what you're doing, then you the variables in that custom field group should show up in AA's Processing Rules in the "a.x._yourOrgName...." context data variables.

If you're not doing any of the above at all, then please share your XDM schema so that we can try to help from there.

If you're doing the above but don't see the context data variables, double-check your Datastream's Analytics report suite ID and environment, and also double-check that you're using the correct Datastreams with your Web SDK configuration.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Double check that Adobe's Edge endpoint is receiving and processing your Web SDK hit properly.

In the Adobe Debugger:

1. Sign into your Adobe account.
  2. Select the organisation that you're checking for.
  3. Go to Logs > Edge.
  4. Click "Connect".
  5. Reload your web page.
  6. Check the Logs > Edge list of logs.

If your Web SDK hit was processed by Analytics properly, you should see a log for the Analytics post-processed hit. Verify that it has your expected context variables.

Level 4

Right, what I'm saying is only the automatically matched values appear in the Edge log - the unmatched (custom) values do not but they are in fact in in Events section on the client as referenced above.

What do I need to do to see the customer values that aren't automatically mapped by Adobe?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Normally, I rely on the automatic mapped variables between Web SDK and AA: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/aep-edge/variable-mapping.html?lang...

If you're not using this automatic mapping, then I assume that you have your own custom field group in your XDM schema (a field group that should be in the format _yourOrgName), where you're setting your own variables. If this is what you're doing, then you the variables in that custom field group should show up in AA's Processing Rules in the "a.x._yourOrgName...." context data variables.

If you're not doing any of the above at all, then please share your XDM schema so that we can try to help from there.

If you're doing the above but don't see the context data variables, double-check your Datastream's Analytics report suite ID and environment, and also double-check that you're using the correct Datastreams with your Web SDK configuration.