Expand my Community achievements bar.

Web SDK Guided Events hiding "Document will unload" checkbox?

Level 7

Hi team!

I just noticed that as soon as I am choosing a "Guided Event" in the newest Web SDK version, the "Document will unload" checkbox disappears.

Ideally, this should still be there to make sure that a custom link tracking can be sent through a beacon, or am I missing something?

Cheers

bjoern__koth_0-1718912474639.png

bjoern__koth_1-1718912560672.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 4

Hi @bjoern__koth 

Sending custom link tracking calls does not rely on document unload it is used to make sure that your data will be send to adobe servers if you're redirecting quickly from one page to another however when document unload is checked you won't get a response back from the server that's why you'll see a collect call with no payload in it.

It relies on send beacon API to asynchronously sends a small amount of data over HTTP to a web server.

check this article for more details 

Also, it is incompatible with the render decision property I guess that's why it is being blurred out because guided event's automatically select the value for event type for send event action.