Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tracking Call Clicks via Adobe Launch

Level 4

Hi,

I'd like to track phone number clicks on a website where the numbers are in HTML tel: tag

<a href="tel:1-800-262-562529">Call us</a>

How can I do this in Adobe Launch. I see there is a CSS selector option in Adobe Launch > Core > Click > CSS rules but is there not a Click option where I can put a Regex, if link click URL matches "tel:" THEN fire rule?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Sure, you can:

a[href^="tel:"]

Reference: CSS Selectors Reference (w3schools.com)

Level 4
Thanks! That worked. Will check the CSS page.

Level 2

By using the same logic wouldn't a[href^="mailto:"] be used to track email clicks? Its not working for me. any solutions?

Community Advisor

Yes, that selector should work provided that your "mailto" link is really a "mailto" link. Test the selector by opening your browser console and running

document.querySelectorAll('a[href^="malto:"]')

If the console returns a list with zero items, then your mailto link isn't a regular mailto link, and you need to inspect your HTML code further to determine the correct selector to use.

If the console returns a non-zero list of links, then there might be another problem elsewhere. For example, the mailto link might be dynamically generated by another script, but your rule runs before that script has generated the mailto link.