Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Support for merchandising eVars in xdm.productListItems

Level 4

Hello all,

We use the "product syntax" variety of merchandising eVars in a few places. Note that this is where you specify eVars (and events) tied to a specific product in a list of products. The legacy AppMeasurement/s_code example looks a bit like:

products=;this;1;1.11;event1=1|event2=2;eVar60=a|eVar61=b,;that;2;2.22;event1=3|event2=4;eVar60=c|eVar61=d

The experience event XDM looks like it supports nesting the _experience.analytics.(customDimensions.eVars|event1to100) namespace within a productListItem object, but I'm observing that the values passed there are not getting mapped into Analytics. Are my observations correct, i.e. is this indeed the case that this isn't supported? If so, are there plans to support this in the future? And (another question), if there are plans, how soon   (say "really soon" plz)

FWIW, everything else in the productListItems array seems to be mapping over quite nicely. You do of course have to sanitize things like semicolons and commas because those go straight through and end up "breaking" the products string that is inevitably passed to Analytics behind the scenes.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Level 4

"Blackbird"? Do I need top secret clearance?

Community Advisor

Well, the way that the solution was provided to me sounded like it's not meant to be public knowledge (for whatever reason).

Level 1

Fyi..

There's an "Adobe Analytics ExperienceEvent Template" field group within XDM schema which has all the required field to track Analytics data. This template does have field to populate merchandising evar or any event which you would like to pass within productListitems.

BeenitChatterjee_0-1646306161777.png

Cheers!