Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Revision Live

Level 4

Hi, I am confused about the concept of Revision after publishing the library in production.

I have a issue in our case, where I was given a already implemented launch rules, I found a rule firing but it is not there in Launch and I finally found it is there in Upstream resources in production and it is in live. I'm not sure , 

How disable or delete the rule as it is not there in other rules and it is in 16 th revision.

Please let me know , how the the rule can be removed from upstream source.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Launch won't let you delete anything that is in a prod build. There are controls in place to prevent this from happening.  You must disable the rule, then push that disabled item into prod first, before you can delete.... otherwise Launch will throw a big error message that the item cannot be deleted because it exists in a prod.

It's impossible to have an active rule in prod that doesn't exist... but it can be renamed, making it look like the rule no longer exists... 

Upstream Resources:  ItemX

Rule List: ItemY (this could be a renamed ItemX, where the rename wasn't deployed to prod yet)

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @AEPAA 

You will have to disable the rule and build it into a library and push that to production.That will disable the rule upstream in production.

Here's a link to another similar question:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-platform-data/how-to-unpublish-a-r...

Hope the above helps.

Regards,

Abhinav

Level 4

Hi thanks, but here , I am not able to find the rule in rules, but  it is only there in Upstream resources .

Community Advisor

I've not heard of such a thing... however, it's possible that the rule was re-named?

You can re-name your elements without a problem... the "old" name will appear in the Upstream until a new version is pushed... 

If you click on the rule in the upstream, you will be taken to that revision, but you can "Compare Revisions" from there, and choose the "Latest"... you should see if the name was updated in later versions of the element.

Somewhere there should a build library that shows the deletion/removal of the rule in question.  That build library needs to be pushed to production to "delete" the rule from prod.  

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Launch won't let you delete anything that is in a prod build. There are controls in place to prevent this from happening.  You must disable the rule, then push that disabled item into prod first, before you can delete.... otherwise Launch will throw a big error message that the item cannot be deleted because it exists in a prod.

It's impossible to have an active rule in prod that doesn't exist... but it can be renamed, making it look like the rule no longer exists... 

Upstream Resources:  ItemX

Rule List: ItemY (this could be a renamed ItemX, where the rename wasn't deployed to prod yet)

Level 4

Yes, you were right. I checked the revision, It has been renamed. Thanks 

Community Advisor

Yes, adding to @abhinavbalooni's answer, removing a resource fully is a bit cumbersome. 

You have to disable the item then push that into prod, then and only then if you need to delete it only then can you do so... 

I mean, it does help prevent you from accidentally deleting something in use... but it means two pushes to fully remove anything.