Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Revision in Publishing flow in Adobe launch

Level 3

Hi everyone,

In the property in production in Publishing flow, In  upstream resource , I have been seeing that the current published library has rules which has old revision enabled rather than latest . 

Can, any tell me how this happens and how to enable the latest one or resolve the issue, because of this there has been lot of confusion. 

For example 6th revision is published in Library while the latest one is completely different..

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SA30 ,

You would have to publish the latest revision lf that rule to production.

I am sure you already know the below steps but for clarity putting it in here.

1. Create a new library if there is not an existing one.

2. Attach it to a development environment.

3. Attach your rule to the library and build the library.

4. QA on the development environment to ensure all the changes work fine.

5. Publish it to staging and then production.

The above should sort out your issue with the latest version of the rule reflecting on production.

Cheers,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SA30 ,

You would have to publish the latest revision lf that rule to production.

I am sure you already know the below steps but for clarity putting it in here.

1. Create a new library if there is not an existing one.

2. Attach it to a development environment.

3. Attach your rule to the library and build the library.

4. QA on the development environment to ensure all the changes work fine.

5. Publish it to staging and then production.

The above should sort out your issue with the latest version of the rule reflecting on production.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Community Advisor

No revisions will be deployed into your builds unless they are explicitly added. You can make many changes over months if you so choose, leaving the old revision in prod while you tweak the property.

@abhinavbalooni had provided the steps to deploying a new revision.

In addition to this, if you need to re-deploy an older version of a component, you would follow similar steps, but rather than choosing the latest revision, you can choose an earlier one. This will trigger a warning that the old revision will replace the latest... you will still have that revision number, basically a new revision number will be built using the older version of the code. (Like this, you can always go back to that "newer" version of the code.

Administrator

@SA30 Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.