Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mapping variables (evars and props) in AEP sdk5

Level 3

Hi All,

Which is the best way to map evars and props while using AEP SDK for mobile app analytics :

1) Map using Mobile services UI, which will create processing rules at report suite leve. For this we need to create two property in Mobile services , as only one report suite can be attached with one property in Mobile services.

2) Map by creating processing rules at report suite level directly.

Which is the best and feasible way to map variables? Please suggest.

Thank you

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi praschetan​,

Thank you for your response, even I feel that MS UI is easier to use and it creates the processing rules at report suite. However, my confusion is that MS app is attached to only one report suite, so we will have to create two apps (one for dev and one for prod report suite) . But we can only attach one app in Launch MS extension. How to handle that scenario? Should I be attaching production MS app while moving into production and keep dev app for dev library ? Isnt it a manual process then.

Please let me know if you know any another approach on using MS UI.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Processing rules to map variables and metrics are always applied to a report suite. Mobile Services UI and Processing Rules UI (within Adobe Analytics) use the same APIs to manage rules for a given report suite.

As you point out, using Mobile Services UI requires extra steps - however, for some users, the MS UI may be easier to use. You may accomplish mapping in either of the two UIs you find comfortable.

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi praschetan​,

Thank you for your response, even I feel that MS UI is easier to use and it creates the processing rules at report suite. However, my confusion is that MS app is attached to only one report suite, so we will have to create two apps (one for dev and one for prod report suite) . But we can only attach one app in Launch MS extension. How to handle that scenario? Should I be attaching production MS app while moving into production and keep dev app for dev library ? Isnt it a manual process then.

Please let me know if you know any another approach on using MS UI.

Employee

The Mobile Services extension is only required if using one or more of the following features: in-app messaging, push, acquisition, and location points of interest management.

If you are using the features listed above, you'll need to create separate apps in Mobile Services and separate properties in Launch (as you can only have one environment per Mobile Services extension).

If you are not using the features above and are looking, solely, to setup Adobe Analytics reporting, then you may setup multiple apps in Mobile Services (or configure report suites and processing rules in Adobe Analytics) - then, in Launch with only a single property (as you won't need the Mobile Services extension)...you'll configure the Adobe Analytics extension with all the report suites you want per environment.