Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ACS Push notifications with AEP SDK

Level 3

Hi All,

I am trying to set up push notifications services connection in ACS using AEP Sdk. I am able to see token in ACS , however I am not able to receive any PII data. I have set up a rule called 'Collect PII' to create PII postback, using this reference : Configuring Adobe Experience Platform Launch rules to support Adobe Campaign Standard use cases

I have added post body as well in my rule, the data for which mobile app development team is passing. However, I am only able to see push platform and mcid, which are default data, but no custom data is received at ACS.

Please help if anyone has any idea.

Thanks,

Rupal

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Could you verify that you have added signal extension dependency.

Please refer to Signal extension and Rules Engine integration - Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDKs

Please share data passed to CollectPII.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Could you verify that you have added signal extension dependency.

Please refer to Signal extension and Rules Engine integration - Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDKs

Please share data passed to CollectPII.

Level 3

Hi @shivamt75367962

Thanks for the information. I guess its a part of MobileCore extension, but we have to register it in our application code. I will add it and test it once again.

Below is the data passed to CollectPII :

{

"language":"{%%language%%}",

"company_number":"{%%company_number%%}"

}

I have made two data elements in Launch for language & company number and mapped them with context data path.

Level 3

Hi shivamt75367962​,

I added Signal extension dependency, still not data is received, but only token is visible at ACS. Is there anything else , needs to be modified ?

Thanks,

Rupal

Level 2

Hi rupaljain2408

If you look at document, it says

• The data elements that are defined in Experience Platform Launch should be enclosed in double percentages, for example %%mcid%%, and context variables from app should be enclosed in single percentages, for example %contextdata.email%.

In the PII postback body that you have shared context variables are enclose in double percent.

Please wrap it in single percent and add context. before context variable name. Your PII post back body should look something like

{

"language":"{%contextdata.language%}",

"company_number":"{%contextdata.company_number%}"

}

On mobile application side, In the map/dictionary that you will be passing to MobileCore.CollectPII, use keys language and company_number (don't pre append contextdata.).

If it doesn't work after that, then look for the following console log and share here.

Log should be something like this:

{

"triggeredconsequence":{

"id":"{some id}",

"detail":{

"templatebody":"{post back body}",

"timeout":0,

"contenttype":"application/json",

"templateurl":"{url string}"

},

"type":"pii"

}

}

Level 3

Hi shivamt75367962​,

I tried all the things you have suggested above. It is still not working. PFB the logs :

[AdobeExperienceSDK TRACE <Core>]: GENERIC_PII request event was dispatched: CollectPii

2019-11-22 10:21:42.552061+0200 LLS[3390:670648] [AdobeExperienceSDK TRACE <EventHub(AMSEventHub)>]:

Processing Event #16 - { class: “Event”, name: “CollectPii”,

source: “com.adobe.eventSource.requestContent”, type: “com.adobe.eventType.generic.pii”,

pair_id: “”, response_pair_id: “21", event_number: 16, timestamp: “1574410884955 ms”,

data: [ [ “contextdata”, [ [ “cusCompany_number”, “123" ], [ “cusLanguage”, “fi” ] ] ] ],

super: { class: “Object”, this: 10780363104, typeid: “N20AdobeMarketingMobile5EventE” }}

urva[3390:670648][AdobeExperienceSDK TRACE <EventHub(AMSEventHub)>]:

Event #16 (com.adobe.eventType.generic.pii) resulted in 0 consequence events.

Can you suggest something with this log ?

Thanks,

Rupal

Level 2

Hi rupaljain2408

In one of your previous comment, you mentioned the following PII post back body in launch rules.

{

"language":"{%%language%%}",

"company_number":"{%%company_number%%}"

}

If you look at the the context data in logs

[ “contextdata”, [ [ “cusCompany_number”, “123" ], [ “cusLanguage”, “fi” ] ] ]

Here keys are cusCompany_number and cusLangugae.
​Keys should match the one in launch rules %%language%% and %%company_number%%.

So keys in Map that is passed to collectPII as an argument should be:

"language" instead of "cusLanguage"

"company_number" instead of "cusCompany_number"

If it doesn't work please export developer console logs to a text file and share here.

Level 3

Hi shivamt75367962​,

Thanks for going through the logs, but I had already updated the post body in Collect PII rule as well. Apologies, that I forgot to mention here, its like :

{

"cusLanguage":"{%contextdata.cusLanguage%}",

"cusCompany_number":"{%contextdata.cusCompany_number%}"

}

Still the same issue. I will export logs and then share here.

Thanks,

Rupal

Level 2

rupaljain2408

Didn't know that you have updated PII post back body in launch rules.

Please shared the logs and also the keys that your are using in Map passed to collectPII.

Thank you.

Level 3

Hi shivamt75367962,

Please find logs here, I couldn't find any option of attaching the text file, hence sharing full content here :

2019-11-27 10:22:06.293907+0200 ABC[6007:2652353] [AdobeExperienceSDK TRACE <Core>]: GENERIC_PII request event was dispatched: CollectPii

2019-11-27 10:22:06.294308+0200 ABC[6007:2652353] [AdobeExperienceSDK TRACE <EventHub(AMSEventHub)>]: Processing Event #33 - { class: "Event", name: "CollectPii", source: "com.adobe.eventSource.requestContent", type: "com.adobe.eventType.generic.pii", pair_id: "", response_pair_id: "40", event_number: 33, timestamp: "1574842926293 ms", data: [ [ "contextdata", [ [ "cusCompany_number", "5545" ], [ "cusLanguage", "fi" ] ] ] ], super: { class: "Object", this: 10765376544, typeid: "N20AdobeMarketingMobile5EventE" }}

2019-11-27 10:22:06.296270+0200 ABC[6007:2652353] [AdobeExperienceSDK TRACE <EventHub(AMSEventHub)>]: Event #33 (com.adobe.eventType.generic.pii) resulted in 1 consequence events.  Time in rules was 1 milliseconds.

2019-11-27 10:22:06.298492+0200 ABC[6007:2652353] [AdobeExperienceSDK TRACE <EventHub(AMSEventHub)>]: Processing Event #34 - { class: "Event", name: "Rules Event", source: "com.adobe.eventSource.responseContent", type: "com.adobe.eventType.rulesEngine", pair_id: "", response_pair_id: "41", event_number: 34, timestamp: "1574842926295 ms", data: [ [ "triggeredconsequence", [ [ "detail", [ [ "contenttype", "application/json" ], [ "templatebody", "{\n\"cusLanguage\":\"fi\",\n\"cusCompany_number\":\"5545\"\n}" ], [ "templateurl", "<company's-campaign-staging-url>" ], [ "timeout", 0.000000 ] ] ], [ "id", "RC603118640c814b20a507667e0af73f95" ], [ "type", "pii" ] ] ] ], super: { class: "Object", this: 10765223648, typeid: "N20AdobeMarketingMobile5EventE" }}

2019-11-27 10:22:06.313140+0200 ABC[6007:2652387] [AdobeExperienceSDK TRACE <DatabaseService>]: QueryResult: <POSTBODY> = {

"cusLanguage":"fi",

"cusCompany_number":"5545"

}

And in Adobe Launch, I have added below JSON data :

{

"cusLanguage":"{%contextdata.cusLanguage%}",

"cusCompany_number":"{%contextdata.cusCompany_number%}"

}

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Rupal

Level 2

Hi rupaljain2408,

Thanks for sharing the log. Take a look at this part of log

[ "templateurl", "<company's-campaign-staging-url>" ]. Looks like campaign URL is not expanding here. Please try to resolve it in case you haven't done it deliberately in order to hide URL.

Also, Could you please verify that you have created a Profile for this PII data.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?