Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it possible to hide or suppress any Adobe related error logs and details in the production version of the mobile app?

Level 2

Hello there,
Just wanted to understand if it's possible to completely suppress or hide error logs/details at the production level.

Scenario:
We have integrated Adobe Launch SDK (version : 1.+ ) in our android application, and during execution of the production version, some error exception log/details were found in the mobile app console logs. So, we wanted to hide or suppress any exposed Adobe error logs/details in the production version.

SubirDa_0-1688042722035.png

More details :

Actually, we wanted to control & hide any adobe related error/exception log details from the production version of the application. 

SubirDa_0-1688111895626.png

As per the below details, if we don't even set any logging modes then it should be by default as ERROR, but we don't want to display any log details to be appeared at the android console (related to adobe SDK/analytics). 

SubirDa_1-1688111926309.png

Useful link : 

https://developer.adobe.com/client-sdks/previous-versions/documentation/mobile-core/api-reference/ 

Any idea how to do it and what the preferred options are to attain the same. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Okay, I did understand the issue. You want to do conditional logging where you want logs of everything but Adobe. I think in that case, you can create a custom function which would identify Adobe logs and not display them. For instance. 

if (BuildConfig.DEBUG && !adobeError(error)) {
    Log.e(TAG, "Error >>" + error.getMessage());
}

adobeError could be something like 

adobeError(Throwable error) {

if (error.getMessage() != null && error.getMessage().contains("Adobe")) {
        return true;
    }
    return false;
}

But yeah, might have to test it, let me know if it works : )

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Not sure what you mean by suppress, but I guess exceptional handling, using try catch generally does hide errors if they are occurring in code.

Level 2

Thanks for your response. 

Actually, we wanted to control & hide any adobe related error/exception log details from the production version of the application even if it's triggered at the SDK library code level implicitly. In addition, added more details for better understanding. Hope it helps. 

Correct answer by
Level 4

Okay, I did understand the issue. You want to do conditional logging where you want logs of everything but Adobe. I think in that case, you can create a custom function which would identify Adobe logs and not display them. For instance. 

if (BuildConfig.DEBUG && !adobeError(error)) {
    Log.e(TAG, "Error >>" + error.getMessage());
}

adobeError could be something like 

adobeError(Throwable error) {

if (error.getMessage() != null && error.getMessage().contains("Adobe")) {
        return true;
    }
    return false;
}

But yeah, might have to test it, let me know if it works : )