Expand my Community achievements bar.

Hybrid App - two Report Suites and different values

Level 5

Our former analyst tracked our hybrid app as follows:

native part in report suite abc with SDKS. Here only all clicks get tracked

webviewpart: report suite xyz with regular appmeasurement. All Screenviews get tracked there with a specifi server: mobileapp.xyz.com

Now looking at the data of both report suites I get the following values:

Webview:

Visitors: 1000

Visits: 1200

New Visits: 1200

Native App:

Visitors: 800

Visits:1500

New Visits: 1000

First Launches: 900

What I dont understand in this whole scenario is, why are my visits higher in the webview when it only gets triggered when clicking anything in the webview. Could it be because of the sessiontimeout when no other hit has occured within the SDKs?

Plus I see 1k New Visits and only 900 First Launches. Shouldnt the value be the same?

Diving deeper in the values of the native app I see that in launch number the following scenario

launch 1  850 New Visits   900 First Launch

launch 2  200 New visits  0 First Launches

How could this happen. I knwo that a visit lasts longer than a launch, but I would expect that on the first launch we would aslo count a first visit. Or could it be that the launches startes automatically and the visit needs at least on click or state tracking to start a visit?

So that in laucnh 2 or 3 we would start the first visit. But why are the numbers so different in total. Shoudlnt it at least have the same values? or should first launch be than higher than first visit?

I hope someone von Adobe or from the community could clarify this for us!

Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies