Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

error when I add a custom event to a rule

Level 1

Hi,

I want to add a custom event to an existing rule. I receive an error message (see screenshot):
An unknown error has occurred. Details: { "lensCode": "generalError", "dateTime": "Wed Jan 03 2024 10:20:34 GMT+0100 (Midden-Europese standaardtijd)", "message": "An unknown error has occurred.", "urlAtTimeOfError": "https://experience.adobe.com/solutions/reactor-lens/tags/companies/COc33ec1d47df04290afeeb05739816a2...", "networkResponse": { "headers": { "cache-control": "no-cache", "content-type": "application/vnd.api+json" }, "status": 409, "statusText": "Conflict", "type": "cors", "url": "https://reactor.adobe.io/properties/PRbc4bfefb3fa841079d2e5cf1c1729be4/rule_components", "textBody": "{\"errors\":[{\"id\":\"5e8d8611-f6b4-4add-955d-d828a2c1220c\",\"code\":\"invalid-rule\",\"title\":\"Invalid rule\",\"detail\":\"has maximum number of rule components\",\"meta\":{\"request_id\":\"TdJFmitu5qqgESpM1E609PBskxkokJch\"},\"source\":{\"pointer\":\"/data/attributes/rule\"}}]}", "body": { "errors": [ { "id": "5e8d8611-f6b4-4add-955d-d828a2c1220c", "code": "invalid-rule", "title": "Invalid rule", "detail": "has maximum number of rule components", "meta": { "request_id": "TdJFmitu5qqgESpM1E609PBskxkokJch" }, "source": { "pointer": "/data/attributes/rule" } } ] } } }
This states the following: "has maximum number of rule components", is there a limit of events in a rule?

Hopefully someone can help me.

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@IlseDe3 - Sorry for the delay.

There's a limit of 100 Rule components per Rule. The recommendation from Eng is to use a custom code event type to trigger that Rule. This would essentially compile all those event “listens” to a single custom code event for your Rule. Or, you could use a custom code Condition in that Rule for these evaluations for the same effect.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Just asked Engineering to have a look at this one when they have a chance.

Correct answer by
Employee

@IlseDe3 - Sorry for the delay.

There's a limit of 100 Rule components per Rule. The recommendation from Eng is to use a custom code event type to trigger that Rule. This would essentially compile all those event “listens” to a single custom code event for your Rule. Or, you could use a custom code Condition in that Rule for these evaluations for the same effect.

Level 1

Thank you very much for your answer. I'll give that a try.

There is a hard limit on the number of rule components you can and should use.   If this use case is really needed, I would use a custom code condition and then use a select case statement in the javascript, not an (if then).  This will execute much faster.