Expand my Community achievements bar.

Data Prep - Mapping of ECID to freeform data (data.__adobe.analytics.eVarX)

Level 9

Hi guys,

quick question about data prep mapping in a datastream. Is it actually only possible to map incoming data to the XDM schema, but not to enrich the free-form "data" object with additional information?

Example: I want to set a value to the "data.__adobe.analytics.eVarX" to the ECID?

When I try to map the ECID (screenshot), the autocomplete does not work, and hardcoded also does not work.

So, do you know why none of the contextual free-form data cannot be accessed in the mapping?

Alternatively, I think there is also no direct access to the ECID on AA processing rule side, correct?

Ideally, I would like to avoid using getIdentity for it due to its async nature.

alloy("getIdentity")

bjoern__koth_0-1718607457435.png

Any suggestions?

Cheers

1 Reply

Level 5

Hi @bjoern__koth 

Data prep is used to map your non XDM data to a XDM schema or values from one field of XDM schema to another.

If you would like to map ECID using data prep to an eVar and don't want to alloy("getIdentity") function you can try adding the Adobe Analytics ExperienceEvent Full Extension schema field group to your undelaying schema used in DataStream and map the value from xdm.identityMap.ECID[0].id to the specific eVar field.