Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Data Element Change Event Not Working

Level 4

Hello,

We have an AEM video component that updates a data layer whenever an event occurs such as Playback started, percentage reached, etc.  Using the function below, I can see the data layer is in fact being updated by testing for the values existence after the events have occurred.  Is there a reason why the Data Element Change isn’t activating? Also, since I don’t have access to the AEM source code, does that mean a Direct Call isn’t an option?

Thanks

function updateDataLayer (actionName, percentComplete) {

if (dl != undefined) {           

Object.assign(dl.event, {

action:             actionName,

percentViewed:      percentComplete

});

} else {

console.error('"' + dataLayerName + '" Data Layer Object Not Found');

}

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I believe the data element value is set the first time the data element is called. From there you can set the storage duration within Launch for that data element. Since this is happening on the same page you'd likely need to use the none duration. That way each time the data element is called it should run the code necessary to retrieve the value from your data layer. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

I believe the data element value is set the first time the data element is called. From there you can set the storage duration within Launch for that data element. Since this is happening on the same page you'd likely need to use the none duration. That way each time the data element is called it should run the code necessary to retrieve the value from your data layer.