Expand my Community achievements bar.

Clarifications on Data Stream lookup config for Adobe Analytics

Level 5

Hi,

We are using AEP Mobile SDK React Native Edge Bridge extension to send data from our mobile app to Adobe Analytics. Since Edge is used, Data Stream is also configured.

We would like like to know, given our use case is AA only, do we need to turn on Geo/Network look up and Device Lookup?

As based on my understanding, AA has its own lookup mechanism based on IP address and User Agent.

Thanks,
John

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Hey_John , I beieve, If you are using AppMeasurement and not planning to migrate over fully to Web SDK, you can ignore this as AA uses a plug-in for network/Geo look-up. Happy for others to provide input. Please refer https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/implementation/aep-edge/web-sdk/appmeasurement-... if this helps.

Hi @Pradeep_Kumar_Srivastav 

Thanks for your reply.

What we are doing is on AEP Mobile SDK, but this question should be equally apply on Web SDK.

As AA has its own internal look up mechanism based on IP address and User Agent, do we still need to turn on those look up in Data Stream when the use case is AA ONLY?

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi @Hey_John , Theoretically it is not required but I would definitely test and verify this during implementation.

Administrator

@Hey_John Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni

Level 5

Checked with Adobe Support. For WebSDK those config are not applicable, but for Mobile SDK, the LifeCycle dimensions will use the Datastream lookup. Thanks.