Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can Adobe Launch Filter Specific Text?

Level 4

We have internal search for our website.  We want to capture the internal search values using Adobe Launch and push those values into Adobe Analytics.

We are concerned that some users may search using confidential keywords such as social security numbers and email addresses.

Can Adobe Launch filter and disallow any character string which contains "@" (to filter out email addresses)?

Can Adobe Launch filter and disallow strings of characters that resemble social security numbers?

If so, how would I implement this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You could also think about applying a condition based on a regex that wouldn't set the variables if the search term contained characters or patterns that you didn't want.  Stop the data on client before it gets sent to any server.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 4

I just thought about this problem more.

Perhaps Processing Rules can be used to filter out the text.

Does anyone have any thoughts on using Adobe Analytics Processing Rules to filter out potential personally identifiable information?

Correct answer by
Employee

You could also think about applying a condition based on a regex that wouldn't set the variables if the search term contained characters or patterns that you didn't want.  Stop the data on client before it gets sent to any server.