Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

[Adobe SDK] Deep Link Tracking

Level 1

It's not clear how to set context data onto a deep link within Adobe Mobile SDK. How is it structured?

For example, I tried:

app://home/promo?a.deeplink.id=test-deep-link1

But the context data isn't showing up in a debugger or Adobe Analytics reports. Any help would be appreciated.

If you can't help what is the best practice to track deep links?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Here is an example of a deep link with context data:

app://home/promo?a.deeplink.id=test-deep-link1&a.launch.campaign.trackingcode=promo1&a.launch.campaign.source=promo1source&a.launch.campaign.medium=promo1medium

It looks to me like your structure is OK. For debugging, mobile hits are sent using POST so you need to make sure your debugger can see those hits. To see this data in reports, use Analysis Workspace and drag the Launch Name dimension to a freeform table. You should have instances of test-deep-link1.

Mobile Services also maps the other context data in the example deep link to dimensions, filter the dimension list by "launch" and you'll see them.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Here is an example of a deep link with context data:

app://home/promo?a.deeplink.id=test-deep-link1&a.launch.campaign.trackingcode=promo1&a.launch.campaign.source=promo1source&a.launch.campaign.medium=promo1medium

It looks to me like your structure is OK. For debugging, mobile hits are sent using POST so you need to make sure your debugger can see those hits. To see this data in reports, use Analysis Workspace and drag the Launch Name dimension to a freeform table. You should have instances of test-deep-link1.

Mobile Services also maps the other context data in the example deep link to dimensions, filter the dimension list by "launch" and you'll see them.