Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

4 direct call rules merging to 1

Level 3

I have 4 direct call rules and each rule is generating 1 server call causing multiple page views. How can i merge all 4 in to 1, so that only 1 page view is generated which populate evars from these 4 different rules in to 1.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since these are Direct Calls, then that should mean that you have 4 different _satellite.track() calls in your web page(s). Is that correct?

If so, you could try this:

1. Study your Direct Call triggers to find out their firing order. I have a feeling that the Direct Call triggers are not happening at the same time.
  2. Based on their orders, remove the "Send beacon" action from the 3 Direct Call rules that are fired first.

Then, when the 4th Direct Call event gets triggered, it will run the "Send beacon" action. That action would be able to send the data that had been set in the eVars by the first 3 Direct Call events.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since these are Direct Calls, then that should mean that you have 4 different _satellite.track() calls in your web page(s). Is that correct?

If so, you could try this:

1. Study your Direct Call triggers to find out their firing order. I have a feeling that the Direct Call triggers are not happening at the same time.
  2. Based on their orders, remove the "Send beacon" action from the 3 Direct Call rules that are fired first.

Then, when the 4th Direct Call event gets triggered, it will run the "Send beacon" action. That action would be able to send the data that had been set in the eVars by the first 3 Direct Call events.

Level 1

Instead of using direct calls you could push the interactions into the datalayer, eventually store them in data elements and run an event using the datalayer when you want/need to send a page view.